I pride myself in providing a first class service to my customers at an affordable price!
My mobile bicycle workshop pricing menu repairs and services details the typical work undertaken by Frank. The pricing menu should be used as a guide, as Bicycle Workshop Great Missenden cannot give quotes (or even vague estimations) without seeing your bike.
Whilst the majority of repair work is unique to individual requirements, Bicycle Workshop Great Missenden operate a fixed menu servicing system for general routine servicing tasks.
The minimum labour charge is £15.00. This is not added to the bill if the labour charge is over £15.00. There may be a travel charge outside the HP16 area of £5.00 plus £1.00 per mile (coming to you saving you time and inconvenience).
If your bicycle is in a dirty condition there may be a charge for cleaning to allow for closer inspection of the frame & components.
We recommend a main service every 12 months and a basic service every 6 months.
Regular maintenance and periodical checks will keep your bicycle working more efficiently, last longer and increase the pleasure of your cycling.
Fitting of any minor parts will be included in the service charge eg. Fitting of tyres and brake pads.
Parts used regarded as other than ‘minor’ will be charged extra. Other extra work is chargeable. See Stand Alone Repairs. Estimates will be given for any additional work.
Basic Service (every 6 months)
Brake & gear adjustment Tyres & safety check £35.00
Main Service (every 12 months) £55.00
Junior bike up to 20″ wheel £30.00
Single Speed £35.00
What’s included in a main service:
• Bike set-up to fit rider
• Check & adjust brakes
• Check & adjust gears
• Check tyre pressure & tread wear
• Check wheels & hubs
• True wheels on bike
• Adjust headset
• Check for chain & drive-train wear
• Clean & lubrication of drive-chain
• (chain, gears & associated components)
• Clean & lubrication of brake & gear cables
• Check torque of bike components
• Diagnostics check & advice on any further work necessary
To thoroughly clean, degrease bike & re-lubricate components £20.00
Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI)
New bike from box. Build & set up to BS6102 PT 1, 1992 £35.00
Any bikes purchased from Bicycle Workshop Great Missenden – We will build & set up to BS6102 PT 1, 1992. We offer first service & free delivery within the HP16 area.
• Brake Service – Brake adjustment clean, inspect pad/replace & lubricate £17.00
• Brake Cable – Replace inner cables & outer housing including adjustments. Includes brake service £20.00 extra charge on road bikes
• Hydraulic brake service & adjustment Remove brake pads, clean & inspect, replace fluid & bleed the system (cost of fluid/mineral oil not included) £30.00
• Disc brake fitting – Single (to suitable frame/forks) £15.00
• Combined brake & gear service £30.00
• Gear service adjustment, inspect & lubricate (front & rear) £17.00
• Gear cables replace & adjust pair £20.00 extra charge on road bikes
• Front derailleur (seat tube) replacement including adjustment £25.00
• Front derailleur (bottom bracket) replacement including adjustment £27.00
• Rear derailleur replacement including adjustment. Replace derailleur hanger £17.00
• Combined brake & gear service £30.00
• Chain & cassette/Freewheel replacement (recommended replacing as a pair to stop slipping and reduce rapid wear) £30.00
• Bottom bracket replacement £30.00
• Chain-set/Crank-set replacement £25.00
• Re tap crank pedal thread £7.99 (pair £12)
Complete Bike Build
• 1st Service Carried out between 4-6 weeks after date of purchase £30.00
• Bikes purchased from Bicycle Workshop Great Missenden F.O.C
Inspection & Report (MOT) £20.00
We highly recommend the Overhaul Service for the keen cyclist, off roaders & for the restoration of classic bikes £120.00. Full suspension £140.00 not including fork or rear suspension unit POA
What’s included in an Overhaul Service:
A Main Service plus:
• Bike Valet
• Complete strip down
• Clean & re-greasing of components
• Complete check on all components
• Brake service, including inner & outer casing change (cost of cables not included)
• Disc brake clean
• Adjust & bleed system (fluid extra charge)
• Gear cable change & re-tune (cost of cables not included)
• Wheels tensioned & trued
Stand Alone Repairs
Minimum charge £15.00 unless part of service
The charge may be less than shown when repairs are part of a service. Use the above as a guide, a quote will be given after reviewing your bike for approval.
Tyres & Wheels
• Electric Bikes £15.00 (pair £23)
• Wheel Build £40.00 (pair £70)
• Wheel Truing on jig (replacement spokes from £1.99 per spoke) £15.00
• Hub Service Front £20.00
• Hub Service Rear £28.00
Suspension & Headset
• Fork Fitting £30.00
• Headset service or replacement £28.99
• Fork service P.O.A
• Lower fork service £30.00
Bars & Grips/Tape
• Fit/replace handlebar £40.00
• Fit/replace stem £20.00
• Replace grip tape £30.00
Fitting & adjustment (lights, computer, kick stand, child carrier, mudguard, luggage rack, bottle & cage)
Some accessories supplied from Bicycle Workshop Great Missenden are normally fitted free of charge.
Remember: Please ask if there is anything specific you require and we will gladly deliver your order as part of our service.
Price list is for labour only. Parts are extra.